Tuesday, September 23, 2008

里蒙

I've officially been a college professor for two days now, and it's been simply amazing. I was born for this job. Maybe that's jumping the gun a bit considering there's a lot of class time left in the semester, but I seriously couldn't love it more. After my first class yesterday I got this text message: "thank you for giving us a unforgetabel class,you class is as beautiful as you! you have get a sucessful start!"

Today two of my students texted me and asked for help. When I got to the library I found out that what they wanted was to introduce me to one of their friends. So I tried to take them out for smoothies at Drinking Cool, and somehow the sneaky fiends managed to pay before I could. It's so tricky to try and beat a Chinese person to the bill! I know I have more money than them but they will never let me pay. Then they invited me to Children's Park where we played bumper cars and acted like children. I had so much fun! It was just the four of us, and I wish I could describe how cute they are. My Chinese students are the most precious things... Then my new friend bought me a baby turtle because I couldn't stop staring at the little buggers. They were so cute! After that I went to dinner with my co-teacher and ate the most delicious soup my lips have ever touched. So it's been a busy day, but an oober fun one!

It's lesson planning time, but if you think of a name for my new pet turtle, leave me a comment!


"Every person ends up somewhere, but only a few people end up somewhere on purpose."
-can't remember where I plagarized that from

4 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

katie im so glad things are going so well for you
i know your doing a wounderful thing over there
i love you

Josh Graves said...

wow it sounds like you have some amazing students and you guys will have a beautiful friendship !
I need to see a picture of your turtle and get an idea of his or her personality... but here a some ideas.

rufus, sheldon, Filbert, Nodsworth, Nordwin, Oz, Elrod, Napoleon,

or if its a girl, dorthy, maude, Winifride, Dora

sevens said...

Oz. name him Oz, for me.

katie said...

Thanks guys! In honor of Sammie I'll go with Oz since she is a wannabe Aussie.