Sunday, September 21, 2008

我是老师

Today was lovely. I met some Indian brothers who were awesome, and we all went to lunch together after an encouraging time. I've decided I absolutely love the Chinese method of eating out. Everybody decides on dishes together, and you put them in the middle and each person gets what they want from the communal dishes. It makes you feel so much closer, like family, than each person ordering their own thing. I also love the amount of vegetables they serve, and I never thought I would say this, but I love tofu. The only thing is, I looked up the health benefits of tofu, just for fun, and there are many but I discovered something distressing! The method used to make tofu from soy milk is the SAME as the method used to make cheese from real milk. WHY can't the Chinese make cheese then?????? Although speaking of milk, I will not be drinking any of that any time soon. Apparently Chinese milk is making lots of people sick. Good thing tofu has lots of calcium too!

I begin teaching tomorrow and I am SO excited! I've had some issues with my schedule, meaning that my school thinks I'm a pushover and wants me to teach more than my contract says I will. We have a great friend though, and I talked to him about it and half of the problem has been alleviated already. Hopefully the rest will be resolved tomorrow. Ask and you shall recieve.


"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
~Henry David Thoreau

And also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!

2 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

katie
thats really cool how they order and everyone picks
good luck tomorrow i know youll do a great job

Josh Graves said...

i like your quote today.
im excited for you!