Sunday, November 1, 2009

Snail mail fails

For those of you faithfully following my blog, here is the conclusion of the package story (from Australia), as promised.  After many phone call battles with China Post and a few letter exchanges, I was able to convince them to send my package to me, from Wuhan, without charging the 1100yuan in taxes or the 3yuan/day holding fee.  There was great rejoicing.  When I got the box, it looked like they had played kickball with it a few times.  I've never seen a box so beat up, but the treasures it contained were only mildly destroyed.  It was missing a bag of coffee, three muffin mixes, and one package of brownie mix, but everything else arrived, albeit not in one piece.  Three cheers for China's mail service!


"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same."
-Carlos Castaneda

3 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

boo on stuff missing, and not all togather
but yay for gettting it and with what was in it love you

Sammie said...

bugger them

Anonymous said...

I glad you finally got the box. When Amanda and Jeremy shipped their things back from Italy all the boxes came fine except one. It was torn, ripped, mashed, and taped almost beyond recognition. Inside several of their books were missing, but there were several other books in there that didn't belong to them! Hilarious! The only tragedy was that Jeremy's bible was missing...it never found it's way home.
I'm glad your grandmother is doing well. I know it is hard to be so far away at times like this.
Sending love from beautiful Oklahoma!
SuAnne