Wednesday, June 10, 2009

这是我第十个月在三峡大学和我还喜欢我的工作

I realized today that I've had the same job for 10 months and I don't hate it yet.  That's got to be some kind of record for me.  I actually still look forward to going to work in the morning.  I'm wondering if it's because I'm getting more mature or if I've finally found something I enjoy.  Probably not the former.  What a joy it is to get paid to do something you love.  I gave my last final today and was actually sad to say goodbye to my students.  I probably know less than half of their names but I know and love all of their faces.  Now to grade papers...the least enjoyable part of my job.

This week probably marks the last week of studies since the students are busy with their other exams, and I shall be off to Beijing soon and other adventures.  I feel really good about where we left off though, and expect to see good things in the future.  Several of my friends are graduating and moving to other provinces or countries soon, so we are all going to get together and cook one last time.  I hate goodbyes, in case I haven't said that enough times already.  But on the bright side I'm incredibly excited to see where their lives take them.

Also...fruit lady had fresh peaches this morning when I went by her stand and you know what that means...PEACH COBBLER.  Yum!  I love my life.

If only there was some way to get some home-made ice cream too...


"I say if you're not obsessing about something, you might not be into it quite enough."
-Chris Thile

2 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

yay for jobs we love
yay for new advatures and re unting with old friend which will happen very soon
did i mentioned i <3 you
cant wait

Sammie said...

Any gems from grading papers?