Sunday, April 19, 2009

我的好朋友

One of the great gifts of living in China, is the chance to meet people I would never have become friends with had life not surprised me with placing me in a city I'd never heard of, thousands of miles from home.  At times my head is still reeling with the knowledge that I live  here.  But there have been many wonderful blessings with this opportunity.  It's to a few of those blessings that this post is dedicated.

I knew when I came here that I wasn't going to live here permanently, so I expected to have to say goodbye to my friends, I just didn't realize how much they would mean to me.  I've got so many friends around the world, and I really hate the fact that we can't all live in the same place.  Yesterday I said goodbye to Oswin and Amitha.  Sooraj left a few weeks ago and I'm already missing these wonderful people.

So stay up all night talking to your friends.  Go to the zoo when you should be cleaning your house.  Skip class to fly a kite.  (Did a college professor really just say that?)  Enjoy your time with your friends, they're much more important than whatever work you've got going on anyway.


"No one is a failure if they have friends."
-It's a Wonderful Life

3 comments:

Fradam said...

Thanks for that.. you have no idea how much that is on my mind right now :)

babyblueeyed girl said...

okay so
knowing my contract wont be renewed didnt make me cry
talking about certain issues didnt make me cry
seeing someone step down from a postion didnt make me cry
reading your blog did.........
i love you
ummm when u get back we need to plain a whole day date
i love you

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts. One day we will all live in the same place!