Sunday, April 12, 2009

蓝色的和红色的鸡蛋


Sometimes I feel as if I'm losing my English, but that's nothing compared to the atrocious level my Spanish is at currently.  The French professor here invited us to his home this afternoon for tea, to celebrate Easter.  But they don't speak English.  And I don't speak French.  So we talk in Spanish.  Which makes me yearn for the ease of Spanish when I think about my painful efforts of learning Chinese, and also made me realize how out of practice I am.  I could understand most of what they said, but when it was my turn to contribute to the conversation I could hardly spit out a sentence.  Our conversation was a strange combination of English, Spanish, French and Chinese.  I also realized that I still know more Spanish than I do Chinese, and I've lived here for eight months.  That's pathetic.

In other news, www.google.cn/music is the greatest thing in the world.


"Friends will not only live
in harmony, but in melody."
-Henry David Thoreau 

2 comments:

Fradam said...

I'm glad you guys found a way to communicate - some people can only speak a strange combination of English and... English, so a mash of 4 is pretty amazing! am -especially- happy you celebrated Easter! Be keeping an eye on that mailbox of yours :)

sevens said...

Amor fiel que fluyo...