Saturday, March 21, 2009

广东话

It was Milk's birthday yesterday.

I wish I were talking about Yichang getting real milk instead of boxed shelf milk, but alas only in dreams.  I have a great friend named "Milk" and she turned 22 yesterday.  She is from Guangdong and so is our friend Aggie, so two of the coolest girls around came over to use my kitchen to celebrate.  Aggie cooked some cantonese dishes for us, and I just happened to be the lucky person with a kitchen so I got to eat the deliciousness with them.

I usually rave about 四川 food that we get here in Yichang but I think Aggie's may have been my favorite meal yet.  Maybe I should move to Guangdong...

Then in the evening my old co-teacher came over and we cooked together too, so yesterday was a happy day for my taste buds.  There's nothing like sharing a good meal with people you love.  I believe most problems with people could be solved if we all talked over the dinner table.  It's just hard to hold a grudge when sharing a meal.


"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart.  Like why are we here, and where do we go, and how come it's so hard?"
-Jack Johnson

1 comment:

Sammie said...

ah, i was walking to the shops today - in vain because they closed 15 minutes before i got there, but as i sauntered along with my ipod for 40 minutes that phrase stuck out to me like a sore thumb. i'm not even kidding, it's been running through my head all day. you're so creepy.