Friday, March 20, 2009

我爱我的学生

I never really know what to expect when I walk into my IELTS class.  I teach this lovely group of students twice a week and as a general rule, they don't pay attention to me and don't care one whit about learning English.  I usually leave with a sense of humorous failure and a touch of frustration.  No matter how disrespectful they were, someone always manages to make me laugh.  Today was the grand masterpiece.

Alex stood up in class, without prompt, and proceeded to demonstrate his nun-chucks skills for us all.

I will probably never know why he decided to bring his nun-chucks to class, but I can guess what his reason for interrupting my boring lesson was.  What better way to get your teacher to shut up, than to stand up and swing nun-chucks around like your deepest desire is to become Michaelangelo?


I'll leave you with a conversation between two of my students last week:
Vanilla: "Austin, do you think you are a perfect man?"
Austin: "Not yet.
I'm a brave man, and a little adventurous, and a little narcissist."

2 comments:

Sammie said...

He was probably just trying to impress his "beautiful teacher." ;)

Anonymous said...

Girls like guys with skills :)