Thursday, October 9, 2008

普通话

Things I am joyful about:
The crisp feeling of fall that hangs in the early morning air.
The warmth that creeps through my fingers as I wrap them around a hot cup of tea.
The old folks moving in slow motion and perfect rhythm outside the gym every morning during their Tai Chi exercises.
Good friends to drink coffee and share laughter with.
The light dawning in a young girls eyes as she hears the story for the first time.
A friend running up to me and yelling 'Hug me!' because she's so happy to see me.
Understanding a simple sentence in the mystery we call Mandarin Chinese.
The gentle rhythm of rain on the roof that rocks me to sleep.
The knowledge that nothing in the whole world can separate me from the love of the one who made me.
Elizabeth filling my belly with blueberry muffins, cheesy potato soup, and homemade applesauce.
Pumpkins for sale.
Laughing out loud at the thought of a joke shared last night and then realizing that no one around me knows why I'm laughing.
And life.


"I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Katie,

The Dowlings are raising spirit thoughts for you once again! We're glad to hear that you are settled and finding your "qi" (Ch'i). Continue to be well!

Rachel and Matthew

babyblueeyed girl said...

Katie
this was so uplefting for me
and it made me smile thinking of you
your amazing and i love you

Sammie said...

you make me joyful.