Sunday, May 23, 2010

我爱我的父亲

I have the best Dad in the world.  And it doesn't get said enough.

Dad works hours that would vanquish most people and I'd expect him to come home and sleep the whole weekend.  Instead, I usually walk outside and see his legs sticking out from under someone's car that has broken down and is sitting in our driveway.  I don't think I know anyone with a servant heart as big as his.  I think he spends all of his free time doing things for other people, and I've often been the recipient of his generous nature.

His smile is contagious and he takes every opportunity to share it with anyone he is talking to.  I used to pride myself on never getting homesick but today, I miss my parents terribly.  So I'd like to take this opportunity to say,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

hands down best post ever
love it love the pic with you and your dad
love you :)

stanmarshall said...

And I love you too, Katiesue don't know about the servant heart though, I sometimes feel like I don't help enough, sometimes feel like nothing more to give, but then see someone hurting and have to be humbled.
Into doing more.Love Dad