Wednesday, December 31, 2008

这是二零零九

I curse my computer on a regular basis, but the last few days have helped me to appreciate some of the wonders of technology. Yesterday I was overjoyed to discover a Christmas package from my parents after class. So I spread all the presents out by the tree, sat down in the living room, and called my parents on skype. I got to open the presents in front of them via my webcam, so it was almost like I was at home. Who would have thought my favorite presents at Christmas time would be garlic biscuit mix, and silicon bread pans? My wish list sure has changed over the years.

Today I was talking to my sister, and I got on google maps and looked up her house in Australia. They had a street view option and soon I was looking at her home as if I were standing in front of it. I could pan around and see the palm trees across the street, and the spiky bush in front of her bedroom window. Big Brother may be watching with such incredible technology but I'm grateful for it nonetheless. The thousands of miles between me and my family sure seemed smaller thanks to my Dell that I so often hate.


“We can complain that rosebushes have thorns, or we can rejoice because thornbushes have roses.”
-A.L. Todd

2 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

awwwww yay
i understand about the dell
the world really isnt as big as we make it
ohh i love and miss you
hugs

Sammie said...

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
Ill be watching you

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take