Wednesday, December 17, 2008

我爱生

Yesterday I went to lunch with a group of my girl friends, and then they wanted me to teach them how to play basketball. Of course since I am American, I must know how to play basketball, right? Those of you who have seen me play before are probably laughing hysterically at the thought of me teaching someone else, but laugh all you want--I am a skilled player here! I have finally found a place where my skills are enviable. It would have been even better if I could find a ball that wasn't flat. Apparently such a thing does not exist; however, so we made it work. We drew quite a crowd for some reason. It could be that girls usually do not occupy the court outside my apartment. Or the fact that I'm a foreigner doing something interesting. It might have been a combination of the two, but regardless, people stopped walking and stared, some even sat down and made themselves comfortable while we showed the world that we didn't care how many shots we missed.
I have some requests to bring before you today:
-One of our Sisters, Eden, had a miscarriage
-People on the verge of a big decision


I leave you with some scenes from the past few weeks:
Thanksgiving balancing?
Girls I went home with one weekend
Pretty colors!
My Christmas Tree!

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
-Anne Frank

3 comments:

Sammie said...

what does the title say? nice pictures. Chunni's not here to tell me what your title means. I LOVE YOU..

katie said...

It says "I love life" You pronounce it wo ai sheng (sounds like shung)

Anonymous said...

Ai is also love in Japanese. Hrmm.