Tuesday, October 13, 2009

我的英文名字

Hello Kitty.

That's what the teacher said to me when she shook my hand and thanked me for coming to the English speech contest at Yiling High School.  I understand that my name is sometimes hard for Chinese people to pronounce, so I tried not to cringe too obviously until I saw the giant sign marking my place at the judges table.  For the rest of the evening I was introduced as "Kitty" in front of hundreds of high school students.  Yes, my mom really hates me that much.  She named me Kitty, so that people could greet me by saying, "Hello Kitty!"

The sad part is, I'm pretty sure my student thinks that that is my name.  She's the one who asked me to judge the contest.  Last week I got called "Kite" repeatedly by one of my students.  I think the next quiz I'm going to give will have one question:
1.  What is my name?

Pass or fail, muah ha ha.

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.

2 comments:

babyblueeyed girl said...

awwwww katie thats funny
but i love you

Sammie said...

ahhhahahahah

hahah
ha

hahahhahahahaha