Tuesday, January 5, 2010

今天的下雪,漂亮的水

Beauty fell from the sky today.  It came in the form of ice, perfectly sculpted into millions of crystals.  Water, so cold it became solid, so thin it became soft.  Velvety art forms brushing my cheeks, each one as they made their descent.  One piled on top of the other, slowly covering the old, dirty earth and changing it into something new.  I watched it happen.  This world transformed before my eyes.  For a short time it hid all the impurities, making creation seem perfect once more.

I felt the renewal inside.  The snow was a physical embodiment of something deeper.  For too long now I've been feigning interest in the world.  Hoping that somehow all this pretending would fool even me, and I'd feel fire again, or passion, or excitement, something besides pain.  As the holidays fade into the past I'm starting to feel the possibility of that happening.  I've been able to focus on something besides my own hurt.  It may be short-lived or permanent, only time will tell but a change is here.  And I'm ready.

Snow covers over the filth, every contamination that shouldn't be there.  For a time, everything is new, like it was intended to be.  A friend of ours decided this week that he wanted his life to be that way.  So he went under the water, and washed away all of his dirt.  He's beginning again.  We've got a new family member.  And he's got a new life.  And now, my smile is real.


Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed this post & the song quote. Love You ---- Mom

babyblueeyed girl said...

so glad you enjoyed the snow
love you

Sammie said...

I love my sister yes I do!!

J. Cus said...

beautiful :)

Unknown said...

WOW! What words only one who has been washed in the blood, tear water knows the meaning, many A Men s I love to hear your stories I am 'talking' to come there. I am learning it is not Dusty's way, time or will but only The teachers. His instructions for each student is differnt. I am hearing YES not Yet